Valentine’s Day can be stressful for those in relationships and those taking care of families. Finding the perfect way to celebrate the love in your life is a task we don’t take lightly – for us or for you! We’ve developed a Valentine’s Day recipe that can serve as the perfect family activity or as a tasty treat with a personal touch for you and your plus one.
- 8 oz. dark chocolate – use at least 64% chocolate and the best quality chocolate you can find
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Valentines themed sprinkles
- Cocoa powder
- Powder sugar
- Cinnamon sugar + chipotle
- Coarsely chop the chocolate into small pieces and place into medium bowl.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until just boiling.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let sit for about 10 minutes. Stirring too early can make the ganache grainy.
- Whisk until smooth and shiny, breaking up any pieces and emulsify the chocolate and cream.
- Let ganache cool completely in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or until thick enough to scoop.
- Use a portion scoop to make small balls and form into a ball by rolling in your hands.
- Roll truffles in the desired coating.
- Store in air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Chef Kara Tip:
For a flavor twist, try using cinnamon and chipotle spice. It’ll mix up the flavors but still keep it sweet.
Make sure to use a scoop for easy rolling and proportional truffles.