When I’m entertaining, it’s so nice to serve dishes that have been prepared ahead of time so that I can relax + enjoy my guests. This is especially true with desserts, because after dinner the last thing I want to do is slave over dessert + miss being with my guests.
That’s why I came up this grilled peach treat inspired by the beautiful purple lavender flowers in my herb garden. It is a great way to round out the weekend spent enjoying friends + family out by the grill. This is a rather simple dessert that is full of flavor + takes advantage of the sweet peaches just starting to come in at the farmers market. The peaches are beautiful looking on the table + sure to impress.
- ½ cup fresh lavender – coarsely chopped (no need to remove from stem)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-6 firm peaches – sliced in half, pit removed
- Honey for brushing
- Combine coarsely chopped lavender stems and all, sugar, and water in small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let steep for 20-30 minutes.
- Strain through fine mesh strainer into small bowl.
- Discard solids and let syrup cool.
- Add heavy whipping cream to stand mixer fitted with whip attachment. (I put my bowl and whisk in the freezer while making the syrup which helps the cream whip faster).
- Whip until stiff peaks appear.
- Fold in lavender syrup.
- Continue whipping for an additional minute to incorporate syrup.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Pre-heat grill. Brush cut side of peaches with honey and place cut side down on grill. Grill for about 3-5 minutes or until grill marks are highly visible and the peaches are slightly soft.
- Serve with a good size scoop of the lavender whip cream and garnish with fresh lavender.