There are so many things that I love about fall, one of them being the colors. The leaves turn to bright oranges + reds while the air becomes crisp + refreshing. Incorporating these beautiful colors in our meals at this time of year is fun. My girls particularly enjoy when the vegetable of choice is sweet potatoes, a great compliment to the main course. Achieving the perfect crisp can be challenging + very rewarding.
- 4-5 sweet potatoes – peeled
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Smoked paprika – to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper – to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Chop sweet potatoes, lengthwise into ½ inch sticks.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange on pre-heated baking sheets. Be careful not to overload the pans.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, turning once half way.
CHEF KARA TIPS.
Put your baking sheets in the oven while it pre-heats. That helps the cooking process go faster + helps to start the browning process.
Making sure the potatoes are spread out on the pans helps the potatoes crisp up. Piling too many potatoes on the pan causes the potatoes to steam.
My kids love smoked paprika, but use whatever you like. Curry powder, red pepper, garlic, cinnamon, cumin, the options are endless!